Pinned

Blue Accents 

For the most part, I've always struggled with adding color to my home and wardrobe selections. By nature I'm most comfortable with neutrals and tend to tire quickly of bold patterns and accents in general, but my boys were asking recently what my favorite color is and I was quick to name blue. Which is true - it always has been. A point I realized is regularly reflected in plenty of my home pins, where it serves as the main accent in an otherwise tonal setting in so many of the photos I pick. 

Here, I gathered a few of my favorites. Muted Spanish tiles, abstract art and bedding being a few ways to include it. Thinking in our next house I' might be a little braver with color. But in the meantime, all I've managed is, throw pillows.  




Random facts regarding blue:
"The color of the sky and the ocean, blue is one of the most popular colors. It causes the opposite reaction as red. Peaceful, tranquil blue causes the body to produce calming chemicals, so it is often used in bedrooms. Blue can also be cold and depressing. Fashion consultants recommend wearing blue to job interviews because it symbolizes loyalty. People are more productive in blue rooms. Studies show weightlifters are able to handle heavier weights in blue gyms." - via online color analysis 

Labels: