Craft Habits

I love seeing the work that goes into any form of art almost as much as the art itself. This sample booklet I stumbled across on Pinterest yesterday I fell in love with. Isn't it a great way to house stitch trials, old designs and favorite patterns? A handy way of reference, but also a lovely account of textured record showing one's work and progress. 

Thinking I need to sit down one of these days and start one for myself. 


"I started making this sample book many years ago. I have cut up old bits of domestic hand embroidery and sewn them into a book. I find it a useful reference tool when I am stuck for a stitch. In some cases I have deliberately sewn the fragment in back to front as I find the random marks on the back just as interesting."

- Words and photo found here

Labels: