Sseko Designs

"Sseko Designs is an ethical fashion brand based in Uganda. In addition to handbags and accessories, we make beautiful leather sandals with interchangeable fabric straps that can be styled in hundreds of ways. Sseko began as a way to generate income for high potential, talented young women to continue on to university. And it is working! Every woman who has graduated from Sseko is currently pursuing her college degree or has graduated from university and is on her way to making our world a more beautiful place."


Unfortunately this past week drained me so entirely that I was not able to put together a proper Small Business Saturday posting like I had planned (and hoped) for. But I think it's safe to assume that a lot of you reading here already know by now just how important it is to put some of your holiday funds towards small and local businesses. However, to make up for the failed posting and help my ease my conscience in dropping the ball, I decided to devout a good portion of these coming weeks to sharing some of my favorite shops & companies I have on my own holiday shopping lists here, as well as over at The Ma Books depending on where they seem best suited.  

First up is Sseko Designs.  A brand I came across just recently and was immediately impressed to read about their background dedicated to empowering women in Uganda. With a great layout of their detailed 'Mission and Impact' you can read here.




As for the bag, when the company wrote asking if I might like to review their shop and product with readers here I was quick to oblige. For one, the brand falls under all of the qualifications I seek to check off before agreeing to accept product. It's hand made, price appropriate, small business owned and built on respectable ethics.

I had actually been on the hunt for quite awhile, looking to invest in a quality leather bag that would work with everything I wear. Seeing their leather safari version made my heart jump. It's a beautiful bag with Hefty room for all the "essentials" and more that tend to get packed in a hurry on the run. With a sleek double pocket for credit cards and phone. Exactly what I've been pining for.

The Sseko shop is full of all kinds of great items. The ribbon sandals, Carmel Nomad Booties, and hand crafted hex clutch being a few of my favorites.

The bag pictured above can be found HERE with a 20 percent store wide discount available through tomorrow at midnight with the checkout code "Be Merry"



Hope you enjoy it.
And happy shopping!