Scenes From a Weekend // "Mothers"


A night on the town, to see our boy's play our favorite bar this Saturday. Mother's Tavern in Sunset beach. A dinky red shack across from the beach where the music is loud and the peanuts aplenty. One of those places you can't help but fall in love with because of it's tattered gingham curtains, leopard bras stapled to the ratters, beer in mason jars, and pretty bartenders. It's darn small, which makes it even more homey. Always a good time. Especially considering how rare it is that Nicky, Anne, and I make it out together these days to these kinds of things (sitters get tougher the more children you have) -- to top it off, my lovely niece came to join us as well which made for a perfectly fun evening. We even managed to sneak in some silly photos together in between sets. I have a whole series on my phone that I should probably share as "outtakes" later this week because they're pretty cute.

Later that night we made it over to this gal's house for her annual end of summer bash where I was reunited with an old friend I grew up with but haven't seen since high school! Have to say it was the highlight of my week. And yes, apparently ALL of my friends keep blogs.

In other less exciting news, my car has been out of commission for the past 3 days. It's starting to wear on me. Plus I just realized I'm flat out of diapers. . .

Potty training (hard core) just might start tomorrow. . .